Sunday, July 20, 2008

Returning Home From the Family Vacation

I haven't posted in a while; I've been gone and now it's back to work! My family and I enjoyed a nice vacation in the north woods of Wisconsin. My husband's family has been visiting the same area for over 30 years! This is a picture of us from last year.

I enjoyed spending the week with family and friends and especially the break from everyday responsibilities around the house. Now it's back to normal, including all the laundry (only one more load to go!).

As we started the dreaded job of unpacking the van and suitcases, I found it so much easier to look at the smaller steps to getting this big job done rather than the overwhelming task. Breaking down the larger project into bite-sized portions gives me motivation. You've heard me say that several times before when talking about organization, right? One suitcase at a time, one load of laundry at a time and pretty soon the household is back to normal.

What helps you get through overwhelming projects?

No comments:

Post a Comment