Wednesday, October 07, 2009

What Cleaning Routine Works for You?

Cleaning the house. It's one of those jobs that is never done. NEVER. Just like laundry.

Are you looking for some ideas and tools to help you stay on top of this never-ending chore? There are so many different approaches to take. What will work for you will depend on your preferences, schedule and family.

Here some ideas that come to mind:

  1. Routines: Create a schedule to tackle the various house cleaning chores. Do a little each day or all of it in one marathon cleaning spree.

  2. Daily Maintenance: The clean-as-you go approach.

  3. Get the Family Involved: Each member of the household is responsible for specific tasks. Here's a sample of a Simple Chore Chart for Kids - It's what I'm currently using.

  4. Make it "Fun!": Here's an idea my mom used when I was growing up. She would make a list of chores, cut the list into strips of papers and each family member randomly picked a task from a hat. Of course my brother and I didn't think it was that fun. Put on some fun music and have a reward for the family when everything is done.

The theme for today over at We Are THAT Family is Cleaning Tips. Check out the other great ideas today!

6 comments:

Moore Minutes said...

These are excellent tips. I especially like #2. I wrote today on organization too...and I thought of YOU! :) lol

Creative Junkie said...

UGH. I cannot get into a routine to clean the house. Unless procrastination counts. Then I'm rocking the routine.

Heather at My Coupon Coop said...

I keep everything uncluttered and clean on a daily basis. DEEP cleanings (floors, etc.) get done like four times a year lol.

I can't wait until my kids are older so they can help out. As it is, my two year old Joe is all to ready and willing to help out with the mopping, but it's dangerous!

Eliza Welch said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ConnieFoggles said...

Did I forget to mention that I'm allergic to cleaning?

Kate said...

I used to be a "deep clean the house every Saturday" kind of person, but now, pretty much every night I tackle a little bit of dusting, maybe a little bit of hardwood floor cleaning, or maybe a little bit of window cleaning. I'm so glad I had that epiphany and don't have to spend what seems like my entire weekend cleaning.

Post a Comment