Thursday, August 13, 2009

Quick Organizing: Fast De-Cluttering

Do you feel like you just don't have a lot time to devote to organizing? No problem! You can schedule mini organizing session to tackle small projects.

I've come up with 8 simple home organizing projects that you can do in 20 minutes or less. I'll be sharing these quick projects with you during the next few weeks.

Project #3

Set a timer for 15 minutes. Next, grab a box and fill it with all the stuff hanging out in your kitchen that doesn't belong there. Then, return items to their homes. If you come across something that you are holding onto "just in case", get rid of it. If you come across an item that you are just not sure what to do with, start asking yourself questions.

1 - Do I need this?
2 - Do I have a use for this?
3 - Is this something someone else can use?

*Repeat Quick Organizing Project #3 in your mudroom, entryway and laundry room.

2 comments:

Helene said...

Oh, I hang on to that "just in case" stuff all the time!!! If it's a "just in case" I should probably toss it because chances are when I do want to use it, I won't be able to find it anyway!!! Great tips, as always!

Creative Junkie said...

I am such a "just in case" person! I am prepared for every single emergency possible, including a volcanic eruption, even though we live nowhere near a volcano.

But ask if me if I have the one can of tomato paste I need for dinner tonight.

Post a Comment