Friday, July 17, 2009

Traveling With Children: I Will Not Over-Pack This Time!

I've said it before but this time I am determined!

I will not over-pack for our family vacation. What makes this year different from the last 11 years? This year I have a plan and I'm sticking to it!






Here's My Simple Plan:
  1. Use my packing list.

  2. Stick to my packing list.

  3. Resist the urge to pack one more thing "just in case."

  4. Blog about my plan to give myself some accountability.

  5. Reflect on the benefits of not over-packing.

We have been going on this "Up North" vacation by the lake for 11 years now (8 with years with children) and I have perfectly clear idea of what we need and what we don't need. So no more excuses for me! I'm just going to focus on why I don't need to or want to over pack.

The less stuff I take with, the less I have to deal with going and coming home. That means more time to focus on the important stuff...family!






2 comments:

DairyQueen said...

i'm going to be packing tomorrow, and I haven't even thought about what we need to take along. I'm not even sure all the plans for when we get there. All I know is there won't be air conditioning and that's all I can seem to think about!

Kate said...

So did you end up overpacking? Ha, I know the feeling. And yes, I totally know what you mean about feeling the need to keep the campsite tidy. I too love camping, but sometimes I wonder, is it REALLY worth all the trouble?? Hope you had a good time.

Post a Comment