Monday, December 22, 2008

Last Minute Stress?

Are you feeling that anxiety and last minutes stress with Christmas just days away? Visions of things to do running through your head?

When I feel this way, I like to get all of those energy draining thoughts out of my head and onto paper. This lets me see what deserves my attention and what needs to go (including those useless thoughts that are contributing to worry)
During my last teleclass, Making Time for What's Important, I shared one of my most favorite organizing tools. It's called a Mind Map and I'd like to share it with you.

A mind map is a great way to get your thoughts out of your head and onto paper. Use a mind map when you are working on your goals, projects, planning your day, making a to do list – anything!

Simple Steps

Step 1: Inside the circle in the middle of the page, write your project or goal.

Step 2: Use the lines or branches going out from the circle to write down your main ideas. Write only one idea per line.

Step 3: Draw sub-branches off the main branches for each idea or thought you have for the main idea. Write only one idea per line.

1 comment:

Kate said...

That mind map is cool. Every once in awhile my mind does get really bogged down. Sometimes I do something similiar on a piece of paper but I think your version might work a litle better.

Post a Comment