Sunday, August 03, 2008

The Topic for August is Back to School

So I thought I would try something new. For the whole month of August, I will be sharing tips, thoughts, and resources for back to school. Be sure to check back often. I invite you to share your tips and ideas, too!

Back to School Tip #1
I believe it is very important for parents to get the family calendar in shape about a month before school starts. That means getting all those important dates on the calendar now.
Here are a few ideas:
  • Registration day
  • Shopping day
  • First day of school
  • Any important dates from the school calendar, such as early-release days
  • Fall sports/extra curricular activities schedules

The number of children, their age, and their involvements will play a factor in what dates and activities you need to be aware of, but you get the point.

The more you prepare yourself now, the less you will have to do when things REALLY start to get busy. Once school starts, that's when I get the phone calls and emails; many are overwhelmed and realize that they need to get organized in order to take back control.

No comments:

Post a Comment