Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Laundry Duty

I offered my class, Organizing With Children, last week. A mother of six asked me questions about laundry. Not surprisingly, she found that this is one of her biggest area of frustration. I shared a few ideas for her and thought I would share them with you as well. These organizing tips would work well for other large families or small families.
  1. Each child should have their own laundry basket, bag or container in their room.
  2. Set up a schedule for you laundry day(s) and ask each child to bring their own basket to the laundry area.
  3. Once the clothes are washed, dried, and folded, have the child pick up his or her basket to be returned to the room and put away.

Getting the kids involved in this reoccurring household tasks encourages responsibility and teamwork, not to mention it gives mom or dad a huge helping hand.


Read more on Laundry Organizing Tips.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Very cool.....I will have to do this (so I don't end up with 10 loads of laundry at the end of each week!) :-)

Paula @ Organizing Tips For Moms said...

I have just two kids and I do at least 5 loads a week-more if I did it all. It's crazy!

My kids think it's cool to put the clothes in the washer and to pour the soap in. Just one more way to teach about what it takes to run a household!

Post a Comment